Ear Wax Removal in Swindon
Ear Wax Removal Priced at £70 for both ears or £45 for one
No Mess, No Fuss, Just Easy Ear Cleaning
Need an appointment? Call 01793 956320 now or fill in the form and we will get back to you
If you would like to book an appointment or contact us for any other reason, please pop your details in below and we will get straight back to you.
Private Earwax Removal Swindon
Swindon Hearing are the No Wax Ear Wax Removal Specialists in Swindon, they have over 15 years of experience fitting hearing aids and provide a professional hearing advice service that is second to none.
Swindon Hearing is owned by Les Cavilla (RHAD MSHAA), he has helped many people hear better over the years whilst working for the NHS and private clinics.
Ear syringing is not a safe process and has been discontinued, it has been replaced by ear irrigation, which is undertaken with a special machine that controls the water pressure in the ear canal. Much safer, much easier.
Ear Wax Removal Services
Ear Wax Removal Prices
£70.00 for both ears
£45.00 for one ear
What is earwax?
Earwax is a natural mix of secretions and dead skin found in the ear. It is not a bad thing, it helps to protect the ear against dust, dirt and bacteria. Ear wax (Cerumen to be official!) is made up of skin cells, dust and oily secretions from the sebaceous and ceruminous glands in the ear canal. The secretions lubricate the ear canal and prevent it becoming too dry. Your ear wax is probably not the same as someone else's! Ear wax make up changes from person to person based on diet, age and race.
What can cause earwax buildup?
Some people just suffer from regularly blocked ears. It can be simply that the over produce ear wax naturally. Causes of earwax buildup can be
- Overproduction of ear wax
- Narrow ear canals
- Hairy ear canals (it's like a jungle in there!)
- Dry earwax, (not much moisture in the secretion as you get older)
- Swimmers ear, bony growths in the ear canal can block the progress of ear wax
- A tight or hard ear canal bend
- Using cotton buds in your ear (nothing smaller than your elbow in your ear)
- Wearing hearing aids (sometimes can cause ear wax build up)
- Wearing in-ear headphones (same as above)
Symptoms of an ear wax build up
You are deaf, deaf I tell you!!!! Well, no actually, you might not be. But it is one symptom that can show up. Here are all the symptoms of hearing loss:
- Earache, as it builds up it can press against the ear canal causing pain, yes ear wax can cause pain!
- Hearing loss, it can deliver to you the gift of hearing loss, especially if you have just gone swimming or had a shower
- Itchiness in the ear (can be caused by other things though like dry skin)
- Dizziness, a spinning sensation without the use of GIn (lovely Gin)
- Tinnitus, surprisingly enough it can give you a sense of buzzing or ringing in the affected ear
What can you do about ear wax build up?
If earwax isn't causing you problems, just leave it alone. The ear is self-cleaning and once the process is not interrupted the wax should just drop out. Sometimes though, probably because you have been fiddling with it, ear wax may build up in the canal. Normally once the build-up starts, it will just continue unless it is washed or sucked out. Eventually, the ear wax plug will grow to fill the ear canal.
This is when you start to have problems, usually, the first indication of it for you is when water gets into the ear during swimming or showering. This usually causes the ear wax to swell. This blocks the ear canal and you know about it immediately. If the wax build-up has got to the stage where it is causing deafness, problems with hearing aids, or is uncomfortable, it needs to be removed.
There are several types of ear drops that you can use to loosen and soften ear wax. the drops can include olive oil, almond oil, bicarbonate of soda and hydrogen peroxide. Here is the thing, they might not be suitable for you. If you have had a perforation of your eardrum in the past, ear drops aren't a good idea.
Rated 5 out of /5 based on over 25 customer reviews
“Les booked me in to have my ears de-waxed at very short notice as I was going on holiday that evening! Quick, effective and Les was a true professional. I would highly recommend.”John E5Ear Wax Removal Ear Wax removed from a Patient's Ear