Don't Buy A Hearing Aid Until You Read This
When you are choosing hearing aids it can be quite difficult, people are often worried about getting it right. Worried that you might be spending your hard earned money on tech that might not be right for you. Hearing aids are like any other high technology product. Clouded in techno jargon that makes it difficult to understand what is what. I have tried to ensure that this is a definitive hearing aid buying guide for consumers. Your feedback is always welcome.
A Hearing Aid Advice Guide That Makes Sense!
We think that we have a solution for you! We wrote a clear, no gibberish book on hearing aids. We talk to many people here on Know, consistently they ask us technical questions in relation to general hearing aid stuff. We thought there has to be a better way to get the information out so we took all the questions that we had been asked and wrote clear no jargon answers.
So we did, for 2017, we have updated the book and widened the scope of it. After feedback from some buyers we decided that info about the hearing aids was great, but info about the providers, manufacturers and the basis for hearing aid prices was better. We have recently updated the book to include a new section on rechargeable hearing aids detailing why they have never taken off and why they probably will now. The book is now also available in paperback.
A Review of The Book
An Educating and informative read!
I've been wearing hearing aids for 15 years and currently looking to buy some new ones. After hours of searching through the Internet I was even more confused! This book helped me focus my search.
What's in The Little Book of Hearing Aids?
- A new section on Providers of hearing aids, what's the difference and why might it matter?
- A new section on buying a hearing aid, what do you need to know?
- A new section on hearing aid prices, what goes into a price?
- A new section on the hearing test, what you should expect to happen and why
- A new section on hearing Aid Brands, who are the biggest?
- Widex hearing aids, what's on offer
- Phonak hearing aids, what's on offer
- Starkey hearing aids, what's on offer
- Signia hearing aids, what's on offer
- Resound hearing aids, what's on offer
- The different hearing aid types
- Their Pros and Cons
- A section on rechargeable hearing aids
- Hearing aid technology levels and what you can expect from them
- Hearing aid features, what do they actually do and how will they help
- A new section on Over The Counter hearing aids
- How you can clean and care for hearing aid types
Hearing Aid Providers
What is the difference between a National hearing aid provider and an Independent? What does it actually matter to you?
Buying A Hearing Aid
What exactly do you need to know about buying a hearing aid? What exactly are white label hearing aids? What should happen during the hearing test to give you the confidence that you are being tested correctly? What should happen during the fitting and follow up, and why is ongoing care important?
Hearing Aid Prices
What goes into the price of a hearing aid? How hearing aid prices are changing internationally. What is unbundled hearing aid pricing?
Hearing Aid Brands
Who are the big six hearing aid manufacturers? What are they offering right now?
Hearing Aid Types
We detail the different hearing aid types and their pros and cons, explaining clearly what you need to know.
Hearing Aid Technology
What's the real difference between mid range and high end hearing technology except for the price? Yes, we tell you that clearly as well.
Hearing Aid Features
Damned directional what? Those hearing aid features are important, we reduce the gobbledygook, explain what they do and try and give a real world example of where they will help you.
Over The Counter Hearing Aids
What are they, when are they coming and what will they mean for the consumer?1
Honestly, clear hearing aid advice, independent advice and no damned gobbledygook!
So if you, or anyone you know is either thinking about purchasing hearing aids, or is in the process of making a decision about what hearing aids are right for them, you need this book.
Don't worry, we will still answer any questions you send us. You can buy the hearing aid buying guide here